Bespoke Engineered Metal Products
A unique approach to lettering created through the use of ‘perforations’ to create text. Otherwise known at Graepels as ‘Alpha-Perf’. Depending on your preferences, you can now choose from a variety of perforated metal fonts for your project. Graepels have over 60 years of industry knowledge, experience and expertise and our team are on hand to help you with any requirements you may have.
Graepels understands the importance of innovation. As a result, we developed ‘Alpha-Perf’ which is both aesthetically pleasing and functional, allowing customers to create remarkable designs using perforated text.
Alpha Perf offers different fonts to meet customer needs. The Alpha-Perf process involves perforating text into sheet metal. Perforations are created by punching hundreds or even thousands of holes into metal surfaces. These perforations can consist of various size holes which gives alternative densities of shading. Larger holes are used to give a stronger contrast whereas smaller holes are used for detail.
Capabilities of Alpha-Perf
- Perforation size: Minimum 2mm round holes.
- Perforation Height: The smallest perforation size is 25mm high (minimum)
- Sheet Thickness:
- Sheet sizes: 1000 x 2000, 1250 x 2500, and 1500 x 3000. Text can spread over several sheets e.g. Diving Bell
- Font Types: Arial (standard) excellent for smaller text, Calibri too, allows for clarity and legibility other fonts include Hamilton Medium, Bunchlo Nua, Avalon Medium and Gill Sans MT.
- Material Type: Most material types thickness is subject to holes size or vice versa
Alpha-Perf General Information
Our in house tooling department creates custom tooling for all your Alpha-Perf needs, perforating text into sheet metal, whether its old stories, proclamations or simple signage.
- Various hole sizes and shapes are available for Alpha Perf
- Unique patterns are designed specifically for the customer, creating Bespoke designs
- Three Standard available: Arial, Script or Gaelic
- Bespoke/New fonts are available for manufacture on request, discuss with one of our design team members today
- Pitches, hole sizes etc. can be changed to meet customer requirements
- A variety of material types and thicknesses are available
WHY CHOOSE ALPHA-PERF
- Alpha-Perf can be aesthetically pleasing as well as functional and has been developed to allow customers to create remarkable designs
- Alpha-Perf can consist of various size holes which gives alternative densities of shading. Larger holes are used to give greater contrast whereas smaller holes are used for detail
- There are a number of materials that can be used and the applications of Alpa-Perf are endless giving customers the freedom to create something that is truly impressive and unique
- Alpha-Perf projects can include both text and images for effect
Graepels offers the following services; Cutting, Rolling, Folding, Welding etc. Please see manufacturing section on our website for more information.