Graepels Ireland and UK have been in business since 1959. Our industry experience and expertise allows us to offer high quality products. Graepels manufacture a range of specialist metal products from sheet steel, woven mesh and rubber which are used for a wide range of applications in the food processing and agricultural sector.
Examples of perforated metal in the brewing sector is in the manufacture and the production process, in screens and flooring like hop screens and malting floors. While rubber is used in sorting and screening drums which provides sound attenuation. Woven mesh is used in trays and sorting and is mostly beneficial due the large open area that can be achieved.
Some examples of Graepels food processing and agricultural products include;
- Backing trays
- Cleaning screens
- De-greasing baskets
- Food preparation equipment
- Sieves and filters
- Hammer mills
- Cereal cleaning screens, smoking trays
- Grain aeration screens
- Silo ventilation
- Fly mesh/screens
- Malt floors
- Hop screens
- Food separators (fruit and veg)
- Coffee screens and pulpers
- Sorting machines (screens and drums)
Roasted Coffee Bean
Perforated Ice Cream Dispenser
Potato Washer Drum
Perforated metal or perforated sheets used in the Agricultural or Food Processing industry are used in a wide variety of applications and are available in a range of materials.
For example Stainless steel possesses many of the useful qualities needed for the food processing industry as it possesses good thermal capabilities, is corrosion resistant and ease of both fabrication and its’ maintenance make it a suitable choice for internal and external applications. Stainless steel perforated sheets and other materials are all available in a range of sheet thicknesses, hole sizes, pitches and shapes such as; round, slotted, square and bespoke.
Round and Slotted Perforations
- Perforation size: 1mm – 154mm (additional Perforation sizes are available on request)
- Sheet Thickness: Popular thickness: 0.75mm – 12mm. Graepels can perforate up to 25mm thick on special request/order
- Sheet sizes: Standard sizes include 2m x 1m, 2.5m x 1.25m and 3m x 1.5m. Sheets 4m x 2m are perforated on our larger machines. Longer lengths up to 6m perforated by special request.
Graepels manufactures only the highest quality screens for the malting processes. Our screens are available in stainless steel. We offer a range of specs in slotted perforations/holes and can perforate 1.75mm x 20.0mm in 1.5mm Stainless Steel.
Malting, Perforated Sheet
Perforated Drain on Bar
Perforated screens can be used in pre-cleaning and preparation to remove unwanted materials from agricultural crops including corn, flax seeds and other seeds, grains maize etc. Typically perforations used in these screens are round and slotted holes, however Graepels can work with you to create bespoke screens and solutions along with custom tooling for difficult specs so as to optimise your screening capabilities.
Cleaning and Screening
- Pre Cleaning: Cleaning allows to reduce the time needed for milling improving the output and quality produce
- Grain Cleaning: Screening allows for the removal of chaff, weeds, seed, rubbish, soil and straw or other unwanted materials
- Screening: sifting and screening allows for the separation of unwanted materials such as weeds, seeds and other particles like stones.
Grain Drying Screens
At Graepels we offer our high quality screens in both galvanized and stainless steel. For drying screens it is important to use the right combination of perforation size and shape allows for optimal airflow and strength.
We ensure that all screens are high quality and allow for effective processing, through the design processes. We understand that design of a drying screen can effect the airflow which in turn effects the airflow rate and drying rate.
Our tooling and machinery enables us to create completely unique designs to meet your specifications specifications. So whether its, perforated screens for silo drying, or metal screens for floor drying, separation or grading screens we have the range and capabilities to ensure the best possible screens for every crop type to ensure you can increase your crop yields.