Chelsea Gold Flooring
In addition to our anti-slip metal flooring range known as ‘SafeDeck’ , Graepels manufacture the award-winning Chelsea Gold Flooring.
Graepels Gold Flooring was originally manufactured in 2014 for the Chelsea Flower Show in London, where it won gold. In areas requiring both slip resistance and drainage, this design is an ideal choice.
- Perforation sizes are available in 5mm up 8mm in diameter
- Material thicknesses ranges from 2mm to 4mm thick
- Application in Commercial and Private slip ratings of R12 and R13 are available. Note* Different material will provide different slip ratings
- High strength to weight ratio
- Pitch figuration can be adjusted for the pattern other patterns like diamond and square are available
- Depth of pressings can be increased and the hole sizes decreased to facilitate a higher point load
Chelsea Gold Flooring
Chelsea Gold flooring is available in four different patterns, Chelsea deluxe, luxe and standard. The fourth is Chelsea Gold Bespoke.
The various patterns offer different capabilities, the Graepels team can advise you on specifying the correct floor type for your project.
Chelsea Gold Deluxe
Chelsea Gold Luxe
Chelsea Gold Standard
The flooring design incorporates a hexagonal pattern. The pattern is perforated into the Corten metal sheets (Corten is also known as weathering steel). The design uses a mix of countersunk and flush holes which offers a secure grip. Flooring and walkways can have an additional finish known as ‘shot peening’. In instances where the material cannot be left to weather naturally, shot peening provides an even finish, additional grip, and a textured finish.
Perforated Anti Slip Pattern
Corten Flooring Stabilizing
Chelsea Gold flooring offers good grip and slip resistance, and is compliant with BS Standards.
- Chelsea Gold flooring is available in flat form from standard sizes or in folded plank form
- Sizes of up to 4 meters long and 800mm wide are available
- On special request Chelsea Gold is available in 1mm widths with rib reinforcing which is welded to the underside and cleverly hidden
- % open area can be varied but is generally low, to facilitate the strength of the panel
- The % open area for Chelsea Gold flooring facilitates drainage
- The open area can be increased if underfloor lighting is required
Chelsea Gold Applications
- Marina Bridges
- Waterside Walkways
- Outdoor Flooring
Sectors for Chelsea Gold Flooring
Why Choose Graepels?
Metal Engineering, Quality Assured
- Quality perforated anti slip flooring manufactured using only the highest quality of materials
- Bespoke/ custom made flooring
- Bespoke/ custom perforations sizes and shapes available
- Efficient on time delivery
- ISO compliant
- Over 60 years of Industry knowledge and expertise
- CNC rolling and machinery and expert tooling department
- In-house Engineering
- Tractability of raw materials and CE marked materials
- Pre-approval of drawings
- Guidance from industry experts
CHELSEA GOLD FLOORING
Kinsale, Co Cork
Graepels recently manufactured Chelsea Gold Flooring for this striking architectural project in Kinsale, Co Cork. The project’s brief involved designing a perforated floor which was functional and would blend seamlessly with the scenic surroundings of the harbour.
Manufactured in Corten Steel, the earthy tones of the perforated flooring perfectly contrast with the leafy greenery along the deck. In addition, the perforated flooring offers increased grip, which was essential for this waterside deck area.