Graepels was founded in 1959 by Harald Graepel. The company originally started in 1889 in Hungry Budapest. Today, Graepels remains a family run company with offices and production in both Ireland and the UK.
“Graepels manufacture a wide variety of products for a diverse range of industry sectors, this means that we must constantly foster and ensure a culture of flexibility and innovation. We work closely with all our customers to meet their requirements and provide a superior service for our customers.” Fred Graepel MD – Graepels
Graepels take pride in offering fresh, bespoke and innovative solutions. Our attention to detail and dependability leads the way for tailored manufacturing using precision tooling and the best available machinery ensuring high quality products.
Graepels are ISO quality accredited, a standard recognized throughout the industry. UKAS quality management Certified and comply with all BS Standards. Graepels are CPD accredited with the RIAI and RIBA.
Please take some time to peruse around our website and contact us if you would like more information or to discuss a current project with us. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Synopsis; The History of Graepels
In 1889 in Budapest, Hungry Hugo Graepel founded ‘Graepel’ Industry for Perforated metal products and began supplying the first screening machines for agricultural use in Europe
In 1908 in Hannover, Germany Claudius Graepel set up a factory for perforating metal. In 1919 the Company was transferred to Halberstadt, Germany where in 1944 when the Russian occupation of Eastern Germany resulted in the expropriation and nationalization of the Company.
In 1946 After the Russian occupation of Eastern Germany the Company relocated to West Germany and production started again at Wilhelmshaven.
By 1948 Graepel Loeningen, Germany had been established by Friedrich Graepel GmbH.
In 1957 Harald Graepel third-generation of grandson Hugo Graepel arrived from Germany to Ireland to sell grain driers to the agricultural industry.
By 1959 Harald Graepel had founded H.Graepel Ltd. in Kinsale.
In 1971 Harald took over a competitor in Warrington, England and established Graepel Perforators Ltd (UK). In 1980 Harald had expanded into Glasgow, Scotland.
Today Graepels is an Irish run family business with Fredrick and Judith Graepel heading the operations from the headquarters in Kinsale.
Foundation of the Hugo Graepel industry for perforated metals
Foundation of the Claudius Graepel industry for perforated metals.
Production of the first ‘Graepel Sieve’
Transfer of the company from Hannover to Halberstadt, 1923 Friedrich Graepel (b. 1898 d. 1954) joins the company. He applies for the rights of 70 inventions and patents.
Russian occupation of Eastern Germany: expropriation and nationalization of the company
Foundation of the Friedrich Graepel GmbH, now Friedrich Graepel AG. Pictured is the original entrance to Graepel Loeningen Office.
Foundation of Graepel Perforators Ltd. Production of perforated metal commences in Kinsale.
Foundation of Graepel Italiana di Riko Graepel, now Graepel Italiana S.p.A.
Graepel Perforators Ltd. takes over a competitor
Graepels comences production of woven mesh in Kinsale
Friedrich Graepel AG takes over STUV GmbH.
Graepel Perforators and Weavers celebrate 50 years in business
Graepel Germany celebrates 125th anniversary with members of the Graepel family, employees, customers, politicians and guests from various industries.
Graepels turns 60
Graepels celebrate 60 years of business. As part of the anniversary celebrations Graepels sponsor the Kinsale Lions club Annual Gold Classic and the Albert Weiss ‘After Bauhaus’ exhibition.
The 60th is marked in house too, the company thanks the Graepels Team for their dedication and hard work over the years.
Graepels look forward to the coming years.